Thursday, April 29, 2010

It’s a hot, hot, hot world- April 26, 2010

Holy cow, it is so hot down here in Espiga (yeah, its spelled with an e...I found that out this week)! I never know the temperature but I know that it’s really hot! So, for the past month or so I’ve been having some trouble with my ankle hurting, so I talked to the mission nurse and we tried a few things like icing it and ibuprofen, and then we checked to see if I had gout..I didn´t. Now I’m on some antibiotics that seem to be helping out, so it seems to have been some weird kind of infection. But, as I said, it’s been feeling better the past few days. On Wednesday the mission nurse told me to take a day of rest for my ankle, so that was boring. We did some service by cleaning our chapel. It’s huge, or at least the normal size of an American chapel, which, down here, is huge. Oh, our Saturday was fantastic. We had a wedding and after the wedding the bride was baptized. Next week the groom is getting baptized too, as well as another investigator we´ve been teaching, so the people here in Espiga are really prepared for the gospel!

Yesterday I went on divisions/splits with some of the members in the Ward. One is preparing for her mission and she´s going to be a wonderful missionary. We visited some of the inactive members down here, which are a lot. Hna. Arroyo went with one of the other Hnas. in our ward who´s also preparing for a mission to another part of our area and found some more of the inactive members. So, as you can see, the work down here is really moving and keeping us busy with appointments, which makes it really hard to find time to contact people and knock doors, but we´ve got investigators, which is good. I love you all so much. How’s life in the United States?
Love,
Brea

No comments:

Post a Comment