Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas in the MTC

Hello Family!
So, this week was Christmas and I didn't end up sending that letter that I told you about last week until today, SORRY! We're not allowed to write letters except on p-day so when I don't finish it on that Monday I have to wait until the next week to complete it, but we were allowed to write letters on Christmas. Speaking of which (even though half of this is all in the letter that I’m mailing to you) this Tuesday for the devotional Elder Neil L. Anderson came and spoke to us, and then on Christmas Elder L. Tom Perry spoke in the morning. We then had a talent show (the first one ever for the MTC on Christmas) and it was much better than I had been expecting. Then that night we had a devotional by Greg Olsen (I think he's one of mom's fav artists seeing as a bunch of his painting are all over the house) and he showed us some of his paintings and talked about them and it was amazing! First off he’s a painter, which got me listening. Then he was talking about Christ and it was just so good that it would have been hard not to listen.


So, I did open the presents that you sent me and they're wonderful. Funny thing though, we're not allowed to chew gum, here or in the field. But I think I can chew it in my room where no one can see me. The skirt does fit, but I haven't tried twirling around in it, but I love that it has pockets. I really enjoy the photo album, its rocking so far, and the Noah's ark is amazing! Did the achievement day kids help you? (I can never remember what those kids are actually called anymore, dang, a sign of how old I am!) The little nut cracker keeps me safe at night. Other than that, it was pretty much just like any other day, except we didn't have any classes.

Today starts the countdown to three weeks left until I leave for El Salvador! I'm so excited. I'm supposed to get my flight plans around Jan. 7, so the P-day after that I will let you know when I’m leaving, what my flight plans are like, and when you can expect to get a call from me!!

Spanish is coming along alright. My districts fav phrase to say is "es verdad" meaning "its truth" and our fav word is "sacapuntas" meaning pencil sharpener, but it’s just fun to say. As of this Saturday we get to start teaching the second lesson in Spanish, yea! Oh, Spanish is hard but is coming. I can't wait to be in El Sal and just learn the language.

My camera is working alright. It hates the cold, but as long as I’m inside it will turn on. Yippy. I think it'll last the whole mission mostly because I have awesome rechargeable batteries.

Ok. Time is running out. I love you all so much, I will write you again next week!!! love love love you and miss you tons!
Love,
Brea

P.S No crazy plans for New Years, I enjoy my sleep seeing as we're busy all day and are not allowed naps.

P.S. What did I get people for Christmas? I heard that there were presents from me under the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment