Monday, December 7, 2009

For the Love of Snow

My darlingest family,
As my letter may have informed you, I am feeling all better now, but I was quite kind as to share my sickness with my companions. On Tuesday Hermana Stout was in bed all day sick and then today Hermana Karl is in bed with the same sickness that I had last week. Mama J (of the bishopric's wife) stopped by last night and gave us some clementines and they were so super yummy. Pretty much all of our Elders think that we are sissies because they had pretty much the same sickness but didn't stay in bed, but I think they never had the fever part of being sick. I'm pretty sure that after home, the best place to be sick is the MTC because everyone is willing and wants to help you get better.

It seems like this week has flown by! The days go by so SLOWLY but the weeks are so quick. I feel like I've been in here for so long, but its only been three weeks, gosh. Time is crazy in here. Maybe the days seem so long since the mail gets delivered twice a day, haha, for reals.

So yesterday we wake up and are getting ready to go out for Mission Conference (that's what they do for fast Sundays, they don't serve breakfast or lunch and it is mission conference) and there is snow on the ground. The first snow of the year, for me at least. It is still snowing, but we've only gotten about an inch or two.

My district went to the RC (Resource Center) for the first time the other day and its pretty much amazing. We answer phones and call people to see if they got the free Mormon stuff that they ordered. Almost all of the calls that I've made have been to answering machines, so not much talking. Then we also went to the TRC (Teaching Resource Center) and that is brutal! We have a 15 min Spanish only speaking part and then we teach them a lesson. It doesn't help that I was feeling spacey and sleepy (lasting side effects of being sick). On Saturday we taught about the plan of salvation for the first time. That lesson is really hard! there is so much information that you have to fit into such a short amount of time. Oh, that reminds me, if for Christmas you wanted to send me a copy of that sure sweet plan of salvation that you have, mom, then that would be coool. I could color it and they have a place where we can get things laminated.
Oh, and I think you should just send me my digital camera, but with some fresh new, rechargeable batteries, so that hopefully it will have enough battery juice to take some pics.

I love you all soo much, and I love getting letters from you. I'll try to steal some pictures from my companions and district members cameras and print them off and send them to you. I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU AND I MISS YOU, Love Brea

Questions for Hermana Breanna
Would you like to do some Christmas cards? (One for Great-grandma perhaps?) I would love to send a Christmas Card to Great-grandma, if you could let me know what her address is then that would be amazing!

What did you learn in Preach My Gospel this week? We've been learning a lot about how to recognize the feeling and promptings of the spirit. It was something that I had studied in my personal time and it was the topic for the large group meeting that we have every Thursday and it was the topic for our district meeting this Sunday (kinda like Sunday School) So, that has been taught a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment