Sunday, June 5, 2011

May 30, 2011- Bautismo y muchos contactos

Dear Family,

How's your weeks been? Mine has been pretty good.
Last Monday we were planning on going to Surprise so we could go to Walmart, but then our district activity got change to next week, so we just stayed in Wickenburg and hung out and did our thing.

Our Tuesday was pretty uneventful. That evening we went to quilting and I started cutting out squares for my new quilt. I'm just getting to be such a quilter!
 
 
On Wednesday we had to switch one of our investigators,Tyesha, over to the Elders since she'd moved into their area and that was really sad for us, but then we got to see one of our favorite little 8-year-olds who we've been working with and we asked her her baptism questions to help her feel ready. She's going to be baptized this summer while she's in Idaho.
Thursday- We had a church tour with Tyesha since the Elders were already in Surprise, and she stopped by and said she doesn't want to meet with the Elders since its causing problems with her boyfriend, so she got switched back over to being our investigator after district meeting that day. That evening we were at Maria's house and somehow boyfriends came up and she asked if I had one and I said no so she said that that was ok and that I can marry her 24 year old son who currently lives in Mexico. So don't worry Mom, I have a husband all lined up for me for when I get off of my mission.
 
 
Friday- We talked with people and had lessons all day, nothing really exciting.

Saturday- We went and saw Dawn in the morning, since we weren't able to see her that night, just to see her and make sure she was ok for her baptism that day. Then we talked to a couple of differtent people and then we went over to the church building to get ready for a church tour that we had planned that day. We ended up giving one and a half since two of our "investigators" actually live in the Elders area, they just wouldn't tell us their address, but we found out that the Elders are teaching one of their sons, so we figured it out. Then we had a triple baptism and Dawn was baptized! It was great!! Then one of the Elder's investigators, who actually lives in our area but is being taught by them, and with good reason, came up to me and asked if he could take my picture because he thought I was beautiful. That was a little weird. Then there was a fiesta afterward since the other two getting baptized were Spanish.
After Dawn's baptism
Sunday- We went to church like always, and Dawn was confirmed. After church we had lunch with Levi (he looks like David Bowie/ Billy Idol) and we visited a few other people. We had a pretty chill week but got a lot of lessons in. Today we had a zone activity and we played softball. I hate having to try and have hand-eye cordination. Sister Glenn has shin splints so she couldn't run so she'd hit the ball and I'd run for her. It was perfect. That's pretty much been my week. I love you all so much and miss you lots!
Love,
Brea

PS Dad, HAPPY HALF BIRTHDAY a litttle late!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sister Wells! A package is coming your way. So much to tell you and say and I miss you loads and loads. ( It will be mailed out in about a week.) Keep Serving Strong!

    ReplyDelete